Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Why?"

I likey the quotation marks. Anyone else out there? Yeah, yeah, hollllaaaaa! We like them, "right"??

Sometimes I put things in quotes and I'll tell you, it is fun. Obviously other people think it's fun, too. Here's some signs I've seen in my community lately -

-At the local bluegrass music get together thingy (I seriously have no idea what you would call it. The sign says Opry.) - "No alcohol" ever.
"Yeah, man, *air quotes* no alcohol...'til you come out to my car and get you a nip. heh heh"
This sign got blown away with the tornado and they've since replaced it with a quite boring sign that has no quotation marks. Joy thieves.

-At a home getting roof repairs - Another "quality" job!
"Of course it's the best quality, mam, *nudge, nudge, wink*"

-On an email - "short"meeting tonight.
That'll get them in here!


I see funny stuff like that from other places, but when you see it live and in person, that is just the best.

So anyhoo - why can I still not comment on some of your blogs? Anyone know what's going on?

5 comments:

wendyworn said...

Hi
You have to change your internet options to accept all cookies in order to comment. It is a sleazy trick of blogger but that was why I couldn't comment on other people's blog. Once I changed it, I could.

Linda

musemater said...

Hi Mrs. Jennifer, I get confused about the cookie thingy, so I just delete my stuff off my history a lot! Anyhow, hope you're enjoying the summer? Pretty OK here since the 100 degree mark has backed off to the mid 90s.

I'll look for those quotey thingys too.:)

Rachel said...

Improper Quotations are both the bain (sp?) of my existence and the humor of my life. Love 'em. Hate 'em.

Susan said...

Hi Mrs Jennifer,

I'm taking a couple of online classes right now, hence the fact that I'm not keeping current on my and other people's blogs.

My Abnormal Psychology professor has us do what he calls CTQs (critical thinking questions) for each chapter, and in the instructions he says short answer minimum of four sentences. Once I put 4 sentences to each question (10 questions) and he docked me for being too focused on the four sentence minimum (!) I thought it was supposed to be a short answer??? But his short answer is in parentheses not in quotes...no wonder I got confused!

Belinda said...

Hey, Jennifer... I've had to change my website address for A Simple Life. It's www.belinda-asimplelife.blogspot.com.

I have been having TROUBLE, but I wanted you to know where I was hiding.

Talk to you soon.