I know, I know. A lashing it will be. My loyal subjects have missed me tremendously...RIGHT?? Did anyone notice that I now have 11 followers!! So I'll have to changed my header to possibly periodically checked by around 11 people. Woohoo! Although my newbie, LiAnne has surely long since abandoned me. And with every right.
It's not that nothing has been going on. The Officer is no longer The Officer, he is now The Deputy. He graduated from the Sheriff's Academy, gave a tremendous speech, and won an award - I know, be still my heart.
Favorite Girl is in bed right now with a mysterious rash. So we've been having fun out the wazoo.
We've had tons of kitchen and school fun.
A friend got married and we had a raucous lingerie shower.
The problem has been with me. I enjoy doing this and I enjoy reading blogs of others. I have still been keeping up with everyone else. So here's the thing...I think I have a hard time with self discipline - shocker, I know. I think I was spending a little too much time, not just on blogs, but just maybe not using my free time wisely. It's just you all know how wonderful it is to get a new comment. To see that little number go up and up. It just gives me a little high.
So of course the only thing to suffer is the the only thing a person truly needs, my relationship with Jesus. So I took some time off to evaluate my motives. I got a routine going, checking e-mail once a day, same with blogs and so now I am going to see how I do. I know that those wonderful little nuggets of joy wrapped up in your comment will be there aas soon as I check it first thing...the next morning. I know if there is something I want to say, I can jot down the idea and do it...yes, you learn so quickly...the next morning! My prayer time and Bible study comes first, and I want it too. I love it and I absolutely can't function well without it.
So love to my peeps. Thanks for stickin' with me.
Also congrats to A House Full of Boys who is now a house full of boys and a precious girl! They got their sweet girl today. Please be in prayer for them. Can you believe (she tells this on her blog) that they offered them a "better baby"! Bless that child. God IS Love. I absolutely love that with everything going on in His big world, He knows exactly what that one little girl needs and loves her with a mighty and holy passion.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Abandoned you? No way! I've been quietly lurking. Muahahahaha! :)
I am inspired by your self-discipline. I put a lot of emphasis (self-worth) on how many insightful comments my blog calls forth, too. For the first time last week, I wrote 5 posts for my blog. Somehow, though, I feel like I missed out on a lot of other bloggable events by being tied to a screen.
I thrive on routine, so I need to get a good one going, for sure! If you'll hold me accountable, I'll do the same for you! : )
So glad you're back and I think we all struggle to some degree with what you talk about. It gets harder and harder to keep priorities straight. Congrats the The Deputy and I hope Favorite Girl wakes up in the morning without the rash.
welcome back.
Post a Comment